Bowman Conservation Area is the ideal location for this summertime outdoor adventure. From the wooden bridges over the creeks to the peninsula and the 'island' there is so much to be seen. Together we'll explore hiking trails, investigate aquatic life around the shore, learn about animals & nature, and discuss human impact on our environment. The week is filled with exploration and games that encourage teamwork after that much of the week is left unstructured to let the campers explore and discover nature on their own. Staff are always present and are there to guide, but typically much of the day is left up to the camper!
There is considerable walking involved in this program, sometimes in very warm weather. Do not wear flip flops or sandals. Please send your child with LUNCH & DRINK each day.
New this year - register according to age!!
Ages 6-8 will get a chance to hike, fish, catch frogs, but also engage in other crafts & activities
Ages 9-12 will be hiking, exploring trails, fishing, and catching frogs.
- New this year - register according to age!!
- Entering grades 1-3 will get a chance to hike, fish, catch frogs, but also engage in other crafts & activities
- Entering grades 4-6 will be hiking, exploring trails, fishing, and catching frogs.
- There is considerable walking involved in this program, sometimes in very warm weather.
- Sessions will run the same times, 9am-12pm, Monday - Thursday.
- Bring lunch and water every day
- Sneakers are a must!
- Grades 4-6 age group can bring their own fishing poles. Some equipment will be provided
- Grade is the grade kids will be entering in September!
- Bowman Conservation Area
- 72 Bowman Street
- 10% nonrefundable deposit required upon registration, entire payment due by 6/1/21!
We will do a self-health certification for each child before they are dropped off.
Each child will also get a temperature reading before being dropped off.
Masks will be required for all programming.
Most programming will be conducted outdoors.
Please do not attend if your child or anyone in your household is feeling sick, also if you or your child has had an exposure to someone with COVID.
Additional Forms and Files: