Pickleball - Information and Lessons
Pickleball is the fastest growing sport in the country and the demand to learn the sport is growing in New England. Pickleball is attractive because it is easy to play at any age or skill level and requires minimal instruction to be able to play a game and have fun.
Unless reserved by the recreation department to run pickleball classes, the Lyman street pickleball courts are always open for public use.
- Basics of Pickleball (Beginner)
- 6 week in depth clinic to learn how to play pickleball. For those brand new to the sport and don't know the rules. Focus on strokes, positioning and basic strategy with game play.
- 9:00am - 10:00am
- Drill Session (Intermediate)
- 6 Week drill session for players who already attend weekly open play/drop in play and want an opportunity to focus on drilling to improve their skills, strategy and competitive play.
- 10:15am - 11:15am
- Nelson Courts (Lyman St, across from the beach)
- Courts 7 & 8
- Classes taught by Marie Santos - Smith, Certified Pickleball Coach from PCI (Pickleball Coaching International) and a Westborough Pickleball Ambassador
- REGISTRATION OPENS APRIL JUNE 29TH AT 9AM.
- WE HAVE VERY LIMITED SPACE FOR THIS PROGRAM, WE APOLOGIZE THAT WE CAN NOT ACCOMODATE EVERYONE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE WITH THIS MATTER
- IF YOU TOOK THE SPRING SESSION, YOU CAN NOT TAKE THIS CLASS AGAIN. THIS IS FOR NEW STUDENTS ONLY. THANK YOU.
Free Introduction to Pickleball Session
- Volunteers will be meeting weekly at 3 PM Wednesdays on courts 7&8 to conduct an introduction to pickleball sessions. Each session will cover the pickleball rules, do a few stroke exercises to get used to hitting the ball, get you playing an actual game, and explain the options on where to go from here. This will be for anyone who has not tried the game and wants to learn the game. A person can only attend ONCE!
- Please e-mail Marie Santos-Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or Fred Dunfey at Fdunfey@gmail.com identifying which Wednesday session date you plan to attend. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SEND AN E-MAIL SO THAT THEY CAN BE SURE SOMEONE IS THERE TO LEAD THE CLASS.