Teen Strength & Conditioning
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
This program is designed to build a foundation of fitness for those new to fitness or current athletes looking to step up their game. Participants will learn to move well and lift weights properly and safely.
Participants will be coached through warm-ups, strength movements, conditioning pieces and cool-downs. Over the course of 8 weeks, they will build strength, power, speed, agility, stamina and confidence in their abilities.
Benefits of resistance training for youths include: increased lean muscle mass, stronger bones, weight control, reduced risk for overuse injuries, lowered risk for cardiovascular disease and improved mental well-being.
Teen Barbell Club
- Prototype Barbell Club is home to multiple national-level athletes in the sport of weightlifting. Weightlifting contests two lifts in competition - the snatch and clean & jerk. These movements help develop explosive and functional strength. They are very athletic movements and can be used to train for sports to help you become a better athlete.
- This program is designed to safely teach these lifts and other strength movements in a fun and encouraging environment.
- Participants will be coached through warm-ups, taught safe and proper movement through drills and practice and have fun! Over the course of 4 weeks, participants will build foundational knowledge of the Olympic lifts and kick-start their strength journey.
- Benefits of strength training for youths include: increased lean muscle mass, stronger bones, weight control, reduced risk for overuse injuries, lowered risk for cardiovascular disease and improved mental well-being (it build fantastic confidence!).
- Ages/Grades: Ages 12-15
- Days/Times of program:
- 4 weeks (Jul 8 - Jul 31)
- Wednesday & Friday, (2-3pm)
- Location: Prototype Training Systems, 50 E. Main Street, Westboro
- Waiver: http://tiny.cc/sfc66y (we need all participants to sign this waiver form)
Additional Forms and Files: