Rowing Programs Through Regatta Point
Come check out our rowing programs through Regatta Point! Info is below.
Program Info (Grades 9-12)
- Dates of Program: March 16- June 8
- Day of the Week/ Times:
- Monday-Friday 3:45 PM -6:00 PM
- Cost: : $625
- Location: Allen Fearn Boathouse, Regatta Point State Park, 10 North Lake Ave, Worcester
- Program Description: Open to all! Varsity athlete’s row in singles and doubles and work towards sprint races, while novice rowers generally row quads and work towards doubles.
Adult Learn to Row (18+)
- Dates of Program:
- Session 1: June 8, 2020-July 4, 2020
- Session 2: July 6, 2020-August 1, 2020
- Day of the Week: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
- Times: 5:00am-7:00am
- Located at: Allan Fearn Boathouse
- Regatta Point State Park, 10 North Lake Ave, Worcester, MA
- This is our basic introductory class which gets you on the water for an introduction to the sport of rowing. It’s perfect for people of all fitness levels, does not require any previous rowing experience, and is intended to be very hands-on. These lessons are coached on land and water with four or eight people on Lake Quinsigmaond.
- The goal of this program is to introduce the basic mechanics of rowing, provide foundational skills, and build familiarity with boathouse procedures and terminology.
- Upon successful completion of Learn-to-Row 1, students are free to crew with other rowers but should not expect to captain a boat on their own yet.