That's what we want to hear from our students. Through hands-on activities and STEM challenges, children will think, construct, experiment, discover, and develop the desire to learn more. The children will explore the use of different learning tools, STEM toys, and doing experiments using the simplest everyday materials.They will think, ponder, ask, build, create- as they figure out how fun it is to do Science, Technology, Engineering and Math in a variety of activites. Every class, we learn something new and experience a different kind of fun. After all, learning is BEST when kids are having FUN!
STEM IS FUN VIRTUAL CLASSES
- Cost: $102 residents, $122 nonresidents
- STEM Beginnings provides fun-filled experiences that encourage children's curiosity and learning. Children engage in challenges that allow them to explore Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math concepts using a variety of tools and techniques: from simple experiments and building challenges to art and crafts, and fun games! We offer a wide range of STEM lessons that help children learn new things, discover how things work, and create solutions to problems. We stimulate their minds and empower them to be life-long learners.
- Our STEM is Fun for Kids classes will utilize a virtual format. These are highly interactive sessions with hands-on activities for children to enjoy.
- * Synchronous and active learning
- * Materials will consist of common household products or those easily accessible at your local dollar stores. Supply list will be communicated with families prior to the class.
- * A newsletter with a collage of pictures will be emailed to families after each class, to describe the lesson that took place, and will provide extended STEM-at home activities.
- Dates/ Days/ Hours: Thursdays 4-5 pm (3/25, 4/1, 4/8, 4/15, 4/29, 5/6)
- Location: Virtual learning via Zoom with STEM instructors.
- Age: 5-8 yrs old