This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Keep in Shape, Meet new Friends, Have some Fun at our men's pickup basketball program. This program is not a league, but pick up play. All skill levels and new players welcome. All equipment is provided. Times may vary throughout the year dependent on school & youth activities in the gyms. RESIDENCY: Only current full time residents of Westboro are eligible to participate. You are NOT considered a resident if you formerly lived in Westborough, your parents/relatives live here, you work here or you’re staying/living at a relative/friend’s house. In all of these cases, you are not eligible for our programs. Anyone found to be using another person’s address will be dropped immediately from our program and will receive NO REFUND. GRANDFATHER RULE: Grandfathering refers to a player/ participant (town resident) who moves out of Westboro but has met certain residency requirements to keep him/ her eligible to participate in a Recreation Department Adult Drop In Program.
To be Grandfathered:
- Reside in Westboro for 5+ consecutive years (proof may be required).
- Participate in a particular adult Drop In program for 5+ consecutive years.
- Register, pay in full, and participate/play in the majority of every one of the 5 consecutive seasons of that particular drop in program.
- Not miss/drop out of one single season or you will NO LONGER be eligible to participate should you move out of Westboro. Verifiable medical conditions will be looked at on a case-by-case basis and require a doctors note.
- The Recreation Department will have FINAL SAY as to whether someone has met these requirements.
Adult Basketball (Men’s 18+)
Get a good run in here at Westborough Rec! This is not a league, but pick-up style play. All skill levels, including new players are welcome! If school is cancelled, there will be no basketball. Choose to play in 1, 2 or all 3 nights of basketball!!
September 9—May 26 (Skip 12/29, 12/31, 2/18, & 4/21)
$50, Gibbons Gym
Non residents registration available 9/3