Ages 7 & up. “Learn to Play” instructional program at Westboro Tennis & Swim Club. For questions on level placement, contact Michael or Susie at 508-366-1222 at the club BEFORE REGISTERING. We are NOT responsible for placement errors. Bring your own racquet (limited loaners available). Limited number of openings. (6 weeks)
All participants must check in at the front desk prior to each class! Siblings and parents are excluded! There are no makeups for classes missed, but club will schedule make up classes if cancelled due to inclement weather. Bring own racquet. Some loaners may be available.
Beginners Focuses on grips, stroke technique for all strokes, basic rules & scoring and beginning match play.
Advanced Beginner Re-enforces beginners curriculum with addition of more advanced stroke technique, beginning strategy, positioning, movement and tactics for doubles & singles. Combination of feeding and playing drills.
Limited loaner rackets are available
- Junior Beginners focuses on grips, stroke technique for all strokes, basic rules & scoring and beginning match play.
- Advanced Beginner re-enforces beginners curriculum with addition of more advanced stroke technique, beginning strategy, positioning, movement and tactics for doubles & singles.
- Juniors over 15 years of age should join Adult Tennis programs
- Fridays, 6:00-7:00pm, beginniers
- Fridays, 7:00 - 8:00pm, advanced beginners
- $175 per session
- Westboro Swim and Tennis, 35 Chauncy St.
- Westborough Residents Only
Things to Know
* Loaner racquets are available for class
* Each player must check in at the front desk
* Parents must be present during lesson
* Participants may only use courts during lessons
* Please wear comfortable sneakers
- Overall Facility:
- We ask everyone to check in with the front desk or lifeguard, take their temperature, and represent that you don’t have any risk factors for COVID infection (not traveled recently, no symptoms, not in quarantine, not exposed)
- Everyone should wear a mask at all times (see specific areas for guidance)
- Remain 6 feet away from other non-family members
- For almost all activities, please drop off your child and wait in the car- or- at most allow 1 family member to wait inside a viewing area or court.
- Overall, if you have been in defined close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID, you should not visit the Club for 14 days or until symptom free 10 days or more after a positive test for yourself.
- We will notify patrons who were in close contact (as defined by current CDC and State guidance) with a member or employee who notifies us that they are positive or presumptively positive for COVID, within a time period that is 2 days prior to diagnosis. We remind all staff members to maintain 6 feet of space or more between themselves and patrons in order to avoid possibility of infection, in addition to wearing masks.
- PLEASE do not argue, complain or hassle any Employee of WTSC for reminding or enforcing our procedures. This is not a political statement, this is not an acceptance or belief one way or the other of any rules, guidance or mandates. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and may respectfully disagree with any policy- but arguing with a staff member will yield no satisfaction on any of these issues. We are at the whim of the arbitrary and capricious nature of the rule changes, and our job is to stay open in as safe a manner as practical. In addition to complying with mandates, we are investing substantial funds in providing air quality machines and monitors throughout the Club.
- Wear masks while playing (except see next bullet), switch sides using opposite sides of the net
- No masks required for singles, private or some semi-private lessons, ball machine, or playing with your own family on the same court.
- Please wear a mask anytime you are walking off the court, or if you are within 14 feet of non-family members.