Glide your way through Winter by learning to skate at the NorthStar Ice Sports. Each class has a 25 minute group class followed by a 25 minute practice. Please arrive 15 minutes early. No double runner skates. First time skaters are encouraged to wear a helmet. Skate rentals are available for $5.00 per day, cash only on a first come first serve basis. There are no helmets available for rent, please bring your own. It is strongly encouraged that skaters wear a mask, gloves and helmet while on the ice. All classes take place at 15 Bridle Lane, Westborough.
Please read through the first day policies attachment in the forms section prior to your first scheduled class.
- It is imperative that you arrive early every week so classes are not disrupted.
- Hockey skates are NOT recommended for new skaters. We highly recommend that you use recreational or figure skate.
- You will need to check in the first week to obtain a class color, you will be sent to the appropriate locker room to get ready and wait to be taken to class. Classes are divided into color codes so students can find their color and teacher without confusion.
- There will be an informational meeting for the new parents during the first class.
- Parents will need to sit in the stands during the whole skating time
- These lessons are for beginner skaters only!
You may only register for ice skating through the recreation dept ONCE!! If you have registered with us before or are an advanced skater, please contact North Star Ice Sports directly (their website is linked below).
Dates of Program:
Wednesdays: January 12th - March 30th (12 weeks)
Saturdays: January 8th - March 19th (12 weeks)
Sundays: January 9th- March 27th
Wednesday: 6:00-7:00 pm
Saturday: 11:00-1:00 pm*
Sunday: 11:00-1:00 pm*
*On Saturdays and Sundays there will be 3 classes run from 11-1, the skaters will be assigned a time to be here (they will NOT be here for 2 hours)
$265 Resident, $290 nonresident